Friday, April 8, 2011

Marketing "Monday"

You know, on a side note, I think that I actually like writing. I couldn't have said that a few months ago, most likely. I get burnt out on it, but when I'm not, it is actually enjoyable.

I already can't remember when I wrote about Marketing Monday, was it just last week? or the week before? And of course, I'm too lazy to look it up. Well, this week, and last week (hmmm, must've written about it more than two weeks ago) I didn't go "door to door". Instead, I've been working on getting into the local farmer's market. It isn't quite as intimidating as the "door to door" type marketing, although I do want to keep up with that a little too. My sister-in-law has promised to help me, but I still need to pull myself together to do it.
For now, though, I am pretty happy to work on the market stuff. The Saturday market is already open. It opens the beginning of April and runs through October. I haven't been yet, but am hoping to go this Saturday. In the meantime, I've already gotten accepted to sell there. Now I'm working on pulling everything else together: I bought a canopy, but still need to buy weights; I need to buy a banner/sign so people will know who I am; I need to pull together a table and chairs, plus get tablecloths, something to display my pastries in, a container for water for hand washing, plus some other miscellaneous things.
Yeah! My canopy just arrived! Now I need to make sure that all the pieces are there as some of the reviews indicated that the walls were missing. :) Which, in Oregon, walls are important because you never know when it is going to rain!

So ya, the markets have kind of taken over my other marketing plans. But I am hoping that they will be a marketing opportunity as well as a way to make a little money.

Oh PS. I could really use prayer for sleeping. I'm not sleeping well and it is leaving me exhausted to the point of lightheadedness (and that's before noon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment