Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Still Kicking

They say time flies when you are having fun, but I think it just flies when you are keeping busy. Which apparently I have been. I don't know where the last two weeks went, but I'm in Oregon now and have been for just over a week. Which is difficult to believe. I slept in the same bed for like six nights in a row! I think that's a record for the last two months.
I'm still adjusting to the fact that I am at my "end destination", it doesn't quite feel like that yet, but then maybe that is because I'm not yet. I move into my apartment on Thursday, which will be a relief. I've been staying with my sil Melissa's parents, which has been absolutely wonderful--I have my own suite and unlimited access to the kitchen and pretty much have the whole house to myself during the day. But ya, still not my own place.
In the meantime, I've been filling my days with family time, shopping for stuff for my apartment and more time with family. :) I am enjoying that, but am soo very much looking forward to having a bit of a routine again.
I've also been working on getting some of my medical stuff sorted out and I have some doctor's appointments in about two weeks, so I would really appreciate prayer for those. Pray for a doctor who understands holistic medicine and won't write me off as someone just looking for drugs or a hypochondriac or whatever. I really need someone who is willing to work with me, not just at me. I'm also still working on getting the financial side of all these things worked out, so pray for perseverance and diligence for me in that. :) (Yes, lots of paperwork!)
And in between everything else, I thank the Lord every day for the beautiful fall colors here. So many trees are turning bright red and I love it! It is amazing to go out in the middle of October and only need a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment