Monday, July 19, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

Sorry, didn't meant to leave you hanging like that. I had meant to do another post before I left for camp, but was so caught up with work that I wasn't able to. I ended up working every day before I left for camp, which I went a couple days early to attend a seminar (which I ended up working through) with my mum and spend a day with my sister's family before we all headed out to camp at 6am Monday morning. I still didn't finish everything, even with working on Sunday, but I got the rough draft done and mum finished it up for me--for which I am very grateful!
Camp was a great experience! My nephew and nieces have been talking about it for years and it was so much fun to finally go out to the island and see what they were talking about. We spent five days on an island in the middle of the Dnepr with no running water, sleeping in tents, cooking over an open fire and swimming as much as possible! I had a blast! (I don't have a lot of camping experience, so I wasn't sure how it would go, but since I was hanging out with my sister's family and she knows how to make it as comfortable as humanly possible it was a good time.)

Other than that, I wanted to post this link. That's a blog you may want to follow for the next six weeks or so to receive updates about my dad's bike trip across Russia. He is starting today or tomorrow. We would sure appreciate your prayers and you might find it interesting to see what this 67-year-old man is doing for a "hobby". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment