Monday, January 11, 2010

Still in a Winter Wonderland!

Yep, we still have tons of snow and are getting more. But, I am back home now. Started work up again today. Really I am needed less and less here as a manager at the office, which is a good thing since I have plenty of editing work to do.
My camera went on the fritz over the holidays, so I've had to steal other people's pictures, which are, of course, not on this computer, but my laptop at home. I will eventually get a new one, but I'm holding out till my birthday to see if I get one as a gift (hint, HINT family members). :D In the meantime I'll have to snitch from my roommate, who is--conveniently for her--out of town at the moment.
I had a lovely holiday with my family. For the first time in years, I actually felt odd celebrating two Christmases. Well, maybe odd isn't quite the right term. It was just different. I've never celebrated a Christmas without my family before that actually felt like Christmas and this one did (on the 25th, Julie and I had some friends over for dinner). So, going to my sister's for New Year's and second Christmas (Ukrainian Christmas) was a great time, but I wasn't quite as much in the Christmas spirit by then. Odd, for me. I'm a very Christmassy person. But it was good to be with my family and see the kids. It is amazing to watch them grow up. We looked at some pictures from when my nephew was a little tyke. It's hard to believe he is 13 already! But it is good to watch them grow up and change and develop.
Life is never stationary. I must remember to "seize the day!"

1 comment:

  1. DOES THIS MEAN I DON'T GET ANY FAMILY PICS FROM CHRISTMAS!?!?!?!? I just might die!

    ReplyDelete