Monday, January 18, 2010

Colds, Cakes and Elections

Last week I decided to stay home and work from home, so that I could focus on my doctrine course editing without the distractions of the office. It was a good plan. And it worked, with the minor hiccup that I came down with this cold mid-week so stayed home and did no work for a day, but made up for it the next day. It was good to feel like I have made some progress. I was able to give a section of the lesson I am working on to dad to read for input. I'm planning to do the same thing this week, which means that hopefully I will be able to finish a good segment of that lesson and feel like I am making real headway on this course!
Provided my cold doesn't interrupt me, of course. It is trying to settle in my chest, which I very much resent and am fighting against. I like to breathe!
While I was down and out I was looking at cake decorating ideas--naturally. And when I got too tired to do that I looked for a tv show about cakes and came across "Ace of Cakes". I think I've worked my way through three seasons already! It's been a couch week.
I've been frustrated about being sick again, but one day I woke up and realized that this is winter and this is normal for winter and actually, I am still doing better than I was last winter...so, no complaining! And I did give myself a break and realize that it is ok to be sick. Frustrating, but a normal part of life. It is so hard not to push myself. I feel like I am being lazy if I am not pushing myself.

On a rather larger scale, Ukraine had preliminary elections on Sunday. These narrow the field so that on Feb. 7 there will be only two presedential candidates to vote for. We all knew who would win these elections and they did, but now we need your prayer for the next couple of weeks as Ukrainians think about voting in February. Please pray that the person who will be best for Ukraine will win. Sometimes it is a matter of choosing between the lesser of two evils, but that can still be an important choice to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment