Monday, November 16, 2009

Shopping :-o

I was rereading my last post--something I rarely do, to be honest--and laughing at myself.
I did conquer the basement, and without Becky's help! I still don't like it and I keep the door to the basement locked (and a flimsy lock it is, but let's just pretend that it is helpful, ok?). I think some of those things will feel better once my parents arrive in a few days.
I am still adjusting to the American life. Some things really are so much easier here, but I am missing Ukraine too. I miss walking to work. I miss walking anywhere other than up and down the aisles of Walmart (although, in the ideal world, there would be Walmart in Ukraine, or everyone in America would walk to work). And no, I'm not complaining about walking in Walmart, for those of you who are deprived of that at this moment--I'm just saying that I miss walking outdoors. And if I don't have a purpose, well, I'm not a good walker.
I've been a bit stressed these last few days. Took me a bit to realize that it is because of all the shopping. Shopping is supposed to be fun. :| I think it is just the mass amounts of it and the mass spending that freak me out. I know I've saved for a while for this. And yes, I only had three fall/winter shirts left (and when I looked at them I realized that two of them were a little sad), so it was time to go shopping. I just don't like to part with my money unless I am spending it on gifts for someone else.
And, of course, as if my own shopping wasn't bad enough, I am buying stuff for my brother's wedding (Hi Anya!)--on his bankroll, of course--but I just feel so extravagant! I don't think I've ever spent so much money in so little time just shopping! (airplane tickets don't count) It's a little overwhelming! But fun too. :D I'm thankful for the opportunity to help out and be involved.

1 comment:

  1. I know, I feel for ya about the shopping! If it wasn't for my little sister helping me out finding clothes, etc. I would have pulled all my hair out. But at least this time, I'm not as crazy for shopping as last time. I just still to Barnes and Noble. Can be there all day if there wasn't anything else to do:) Have fun! How long will you be in the states?

    ReplyDelete