Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Funeral and Forward

Tomorrow is Marina's funeral. It will be in Vinnitsa which is a four or five hour drive from here. Kostia is taking her there today for the vigil. The rest of us will follow tomorrow, leaving early to be there at noon for the service. There are others who are coming from beyond Moscow as well.

I don't know what Kostia's plans are for immediately after the funeral. I do know that there will be lots of advice given and pressure about what to do with the children. Pray for an extra measure of wisdom for him. I am already exhausted emotionally and physically and my part is very small--I can not imagine how he must be feeling. His health is not good; he suffers from migraines and insomnia already. Pray for God's grace and strength on him during this time and in the future. Next week this will be old news. Right now everyone is overwhelming him with offers to help. By Sunday people will already be forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment