Saturday, October 10, 2009

Can't Sit still

Well, after coming back from Turkey and Kyiv and deciding that I didn't want to travel anywhere ever again (just because I am a homebody, not for any other reason), I've planned a trip to the States for all of November. Yep! I'm flying out of Kyiv on Nov. 3 and out of Ohio on Dec. 3.
I feel all turned upside down! I've been thinking about this trip for about six months, but had no definite plans until this month, so it all feels like it has come together rather quickly. Sadly, despite being a homebody, travel is in my veins so it feels kind of good to be planning another trip. The homebody part of me is still trying to pretend that I am not going anywhere in less than a month, but I'm sure it'll adjust sooner or later.
I'm actually going to visit my grandparents primarily as it is my Grampa's 90th birthday in November. I'm also planning a few church visits while I am in the vicinity. But I should have plenty of spare time and would love to get together with any of you in the Ohio/Pennsylvania area!
There are a lot of blessings in this trip. I'll be able to stay in the mission house that the Evangelical Friends keep and I'll be able to use my parent's car (I know, I'm 30 and I'm still asking to borrow the car--no, I have no plans to grow up in the immediate future :D ). I'll also be able to see my oldest sister and her husband at some point (they live in Virginia now--don't worry, I can't keep track of my family either, only figured out where they live a year after they had moved). I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be there for Grampa's 90th and also for Gramma's birthday, as well as Thanksgiving!
Yes, this trip will take me away from the office and I do need prayer for that as I need to plan and organize their work and prepare them for my absence. And for myself as I prepare and travel and am away from home and my normal routines that God would protect my health and help me to be wise--that was the reason I decided on a month-long stay. I just didn't want to push myself too hard and end up collapsing half way or as soon as I got back.
I feel a little overwhelmed with everything at the moment. But not in a bad way. In a very content and blessed way. There is lots to do to get ready and even more so since dad is here and has additional projects for the office and other ministry involvements. But I am blessed to have a chance to honor my grandparents who have sacrificed so much and given so much to our family over the years. We are truly blessed to have them and I want to show in some little way that they are cherished even if we can't be with them all the time. That's makes all the effort and any possible discomforts or challenges related with this trip a joy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad I haven't won the lottery yet and we can't make it out there too. Finances just kill me sometimes!! urrgggg!
    You don't plan anything between now and flight day you hear!! LOL You gotta rest up! and I expect some phone calls from you when you get here (or rather, times I can call you cause I can call for free!) Hugs Sis!

    ReplyDelete