Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Turkey






I'm back in Rivne, after five weeks away from home. I am glad to be back, although it was good to have a break too.
My three weeks in Kyiv studying flew by and then it was off to Turkey to take a break and renew my visa. My friend, Saron, planned the trip and worked out all the details with the travel agent, so that all I had to do was show up, which was a huge blessing!
We ended up going to Beldibi, which is a little tourist town not far from Antalya. Our hotel was right on the beach and it was a beautiful relaxing time. I'll explain about the visa situation another day.
We did one little tour of Antalya, which mostly consisted of going to shops, but we did get a boat ride out of it and got to see some of Antalya through the windows of our bus.
I never thought I'd have a vacation like that and it was really beautiful to be able to go and enjoy the Mediterranean. It's been a dream of mine to go there for years. Hopefully, sometime I'll get to go again and see some of the biblical sites too. As it was, I was so tired I was happy to just lay on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment