Thursday, June 18, 2009

Praises and Prayer Requests/Update

Ziva came home from the hospital today! All of the tests, including the bone marrow biopsy, came out negative for anything scarier than a virus. She's been sent home now to be monitored by her family for the next couple of weeks and hopefully she will recuperate fully.
Apparently, the virus attacked her bone marrow, which affected her white blood cell count. Please do continue to pray for her over the next couple of weeks.

In other, breaking-but-not-so-important, news, I got a boiler at my house yesterday! Well, apartment, and a boiler is a water heater. They typically turn off hot water in the apartments from August through October, but this year it went off a couple of weeks ago. With Julie moving in and able to split the bill it seemed like a good idea when one of her friends suggested it. I enjoyed a very luxurious shower this morning, instead of the bucked and dipper wash of the past few weeks. I have to confess that I feel a little extravagant having spent $100 on the boiler ($200 all up, but Julie paid half), but it is really wonderful to have hot water in the bathroom. I wish we could pipe it into the kitchen as well, but since they are at opposite ends of the apartment...

Last night I also recieved a phone call from my landlord asking about renewing my lease. My present lease doesn't expire for two more months, but I was planning on renewing it next month. However, he is asking to renew it now because he needs several months rent in advance. Please pray that that all works out smoothly and we are able to come to an agreement that is workable for both of us. They are raising the rent a touch, which is not unrealistic, but neither is it necessary. I, on the other hand, want them to pay for me to rewallpaper the hallway, so I'm hoping to work something out with them about that. Please pray that we would work something out. They have been good, normal landlords so far, only interested in the business aspects of the relationship--an anomaly here in Ukraine, but one that I am thankful for as it typically makes them easy to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment