Monday, June 22, 2009

Busy Days

I just went to post a picture of some of the work that I did over the weekend and I realized that it is on my computer at home. :( *must remember to post it up from there later
I took Friday off to rest sot aht I could get everything done on Saturday that I needed too. It was a good weekend. Friday evening I baked a couple batches of cream cheese filled chocolate cupcakes and made a batch of cream cheese mints as well. All for "the party", of course.
Saturday dawned early, which meant I holed up in bed for a while trying to catch up on lost sleep, but eventually made my way over to my parents' to do some baking. My friend, Saron, met me over there and helped me bake "wedding" cakes all afternoon and make some strawberry jam. Later in the afternoon we went out for lunch--we are so on Ukrainian time for some of these things! and met my roommate, Julie, who then ended up coming back to my parents with me to finish baking and icing the cakes. Julie patiently iced all 60-some cupcakes while I putzed around putting the crumb icing and filling on/in the two top layers of the cake. Julie and I did the bottom layer together. I am really happy with how it is looking so far. It won't be identical to the orignal cake in the picture, but it'll have similarities and so far this is the best wedding cake I've made, both for taste and for looks!
The cakes and cupcakes and cookies and mints are all in the freezer right now, so I'll pop over there on Wednesday and get some pictures before I wrap them all up in saran and tin foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment