Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Prayer Request: Lika

Please continue to pray for Lika.
I was reminded by a friend last week that her resistence to salvation may have more do to with a spiritual battle than anything else. He has been helping out with some of the repairs/remodelling that is still going on in their apartment and he commented how difficult it is for him to be there because of Lika's mum, Luba. Luba is, well, difficult to describe. I wouldn't go so far as to call her out right crazy or mentally unsound, but by appearances she leans that way very strongly. However, another friend had suggested that it is a spiritual issue more than psychological. I think there is truth in that. But I think that she has psychological issues too. Anyway, I do feel that there is some spiritual force holding Lika back and I ask that you would join with me in prayer for her and Carmen. That God would get them, not the devil!
I do try to maintain regularl contact with Lika, but have been discouraged lately. I feel like she is just using me for internet access and computer help. But after listening to my friend I was convicted that I need to make a greater effort with her again. Please pray that I'll find a way to chat with her privately without Carmen as she will never talk about anything unpleasant in her life in front of Carmen. Pray that I'll be able to continue to build a bridge of friendship with the wisdom of a serpent and the innocence of a dove.

No comments:

Post a Comment