Monday, March 30, 2009

Urgent Office Prayer

Please pray for me and my mum today and tomorrow and for the rest of the week. I have to lay off four of my staff tomorrow (Tuesday).
Mum will come in to talk to the main team and reasure them as to their jobs and work out some plans for the next year. Then we will together meet with Vasia who we have to let go. I think he will take it the hardest as he has a wife and child to provide for. After that, mum will leave, and I will continue with letting the others know. For two or three tomorrow will be their last day.
this of course has huge ramifications for morale and our office set up and workload.
On one level I am relieved to have less staff as it will take some of the pressure off of me to produce work for them and I do feel this is an answer to prayer. I have been praying about what to do for work for the office for the last month. And this is definitely an answer. Not what I was expecting, but...
It is, however, a difficult thing. Please just pray for wisdom about what to say, or what not to say. Peace that they would see that this really is of God and that we are trusting God in this situation, even though it is difficult. That they would see this as an opportunity to grow in faith. And for all the other things that you can think of. :) Our meetings start at 10am.
PS. I just talked to Kostia, our translator, who must be there and he is really sick with the flu. Please pray for him and the rest of the office that they would all be able to make it in tomorrow.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment