Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tyotya Luba

Hey, pray for me, I just had a run in with Tyotya Luba (Lika's mum). She hates me, which I knew, but it has gotten worse over the last week and today I was on the phone and she came out of their room and was making faces at me and mumbling under her breath (I couldn't tell what she was saying because I was on the phone).
Anyway, afterwards I went into the kitchen and asked what I had done to offend her and she was like, "What did I say! I didn't say anything!" all angrily. Anyway, I went away but she kept coming and checking on me, muttering all the time. I had to go back to the kitchen so I went and smiled at her and she muttered under her breath, "Pig!" and some other things which thankfully I didn't understand/hear. I tried to talk to her, I know that she is just feeling insecure because Lika talks to me and not to her about the apartment and some of her problems, but Lika is just trying to protect her.
She's a very insecure, jealous, bitter woman and I know that I haven't done anything to justify her hatred, but nevertheless hate me she does and I am going to have to live with this kind of attitude and abuse for another three weeks or a month! Pray that I'll have grace and show her Christ's love. It is particularly difficult for Carmen and Lika, she behaves better in front of them, but still is often rude or unpleasant which mortifies them. :(
Pray that somehow they would see the love of Christ through me, all three of them.

1 comment:

  1. Humm... "Auntie Love" is not showing much love now is she... humm... maybe time for a name change... Mara may work :) Anyway... sorry for this, I know gran's can sometimes be difficult to deal with, hang in there (Is she living with you too? or just coming to visit now and again?)

    ReplyDelete