Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Season

It looks like Lika, Luba and Carmen will be staying at my place for the next month or two. It is immediately stressful, and not. Actually, Lika is very good and she cooks and they do the dishes and they even washed the kitchen floor! So, they are not difficult guests to have. Lika had hoped to be only staying with me for a couple of weeks at the most, but I think she'll need a minimum of a month and quite possibly two or more before she is able to move back into her own place. She is a very aggressive woman, and she is anxious to get back into her apartment, so we'll see, but I think some of these things just take time. They have to completely replaster the whole apartment and she can't live there while they are doing that, but I think that as soon as that is done she'll want to move back home.
In the meantime I have a perfect opportunity to share the Christmas spirit with the three of them. Yes, it has upset my life and my plans. It does require adjustment and I am a little high strung so I find it more stressful than some would, but Lord willing, through this I will be able to share the real meaning of Christmas with Lika. It is a sacrifie for me, but it is one that is willingly made. I think I actually find the spiritual burden for Lika to be the most difficult thing. Living arrangments can be sorted out, and my Christmas plans can easily be put on hold or changed. No, it doesn't feel very Christmassy to me right now, but if only I can give Lika the Christ of Christmas it will be all sooooo very worthwhile. Please really pray for that. Pray that God would just break through.
She is not closed spiritually, but I can't say she is open either. She believes in God and to a certain degree considers herself a Christian, but she has no personal relationship with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment