Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's

It seems the holidays are upon us. I don't feel ready. We are having the office in for Thanksgiving on Friday (mum and I are, at her place), which will be a nice way to celebrate. It also means lots of preparations, there will be about 20 of us all up, plus a few kids. Hopefully, we'll be able to find a turkey.
It did snow yesterday, a sticking snow, which is nice and helps me get into the holiday mood, but still I can hardly believe that it is here already! I won't actually celebrate Christmas until January 7th this year (as is traditional in Ukraine), so I guess there is no rush for me to get into the season yet.
I think I also don't want to get into the season cause I know that after Thanksgiving mum is leaving. She heads out from here on Dec. 1 and flies to the States Dec. 5. So sad times for me! And it is all about me after all. ;)
I'm sure it will be fine, I think the real reason I don't feel ready for the season is just because I've been so busy. I've made a couple of new friends over the last month, other missionary ladies. Which is nice, esp. with mum leaving. It'll be good to have some other sources of fellowship. Plus, my friend Saron has been sick for the last month, so I have been trying to help her out a little. I can't do much, but I know that even little bits here and there can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment