Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Prayer Requests

I could really use your prayers this week. It is just "one of those weeks". I'm tired and tons of work is pouring in on top of what I normally have to do. I'm able to delegate a lot of it, but that takes time and effort too.
Plus we have the office coming over for Thanksgiving on Friday so I still need to prepare some things for that, although mum is doing most of it. Oh, and pray that we find a turkey. I know it is a silly thing, but it would just seem so much more Thanksgivingy with turkey--they are available, but you just have to hit the store when they are cause they usually only have one or two at a time. Pork roast just doesn't have quite the same feel. :)
And, of course, mum leaves next week, so we are both trying to prepare for that with different work things, and I'm sad to see her go even though I know it is only for a few months.

Our out-of-office translator, Costia, has been lagging a bit in his work and he wrote that they just found out that his daughter has cysts on her tonsils, he's been lagging because she has been home sick a lot over the last three months. She is to have surgery on Monday and she is terrified. From the way he described it they will only use local anesthetic, so this little eight or nine year old girl might have to go through that surgery awake! Anyway, please pray for Costia and Natasha and their daughter, Anya.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment