Monday, November 17, 2008

Scents

Why is it that everything over here has to be scented? Seriously, napkins, toilet paper, kleenex, plus all the other things like garbage bags, candles, air fresheners and of course perfumes, sprays and shampoo and all those other things that are typically scented. The problem is that people here LOVE those things. I think it is because for so many years things just stunk here, now they have gone totally in the other direction and so things just stink with "scent".
The reason I'm feeling particularly annoyed about this today is that I bought a pair of tights and when I put them on this morning I realized they were scented! I don't like scented things because they make me feel sick. And I can usually tell which scents will make me feel sick because they just stink to me, they don't have a pleasant smell, more of an overwhelming one. So it is a bit annoying to have to be walking around in something that stinks and will end up making me feel not well, but I don't have a choice since my other tights are in the laundry and it's too cold to be without them!
Oh well, patience. Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment