Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New Week

I'm back from the missionary women's conference that I was at with my mum and sister and some friends over the weekend. It was a nice time; refreshing to see people I hadn't seen for a while and meet some other missionaries that I didn't know lived in Rivne. It's always good to make new contacts.
On the way back we passed several car accidents, one involving a marshrutka (van-bus--used for public transport, I was riding in one from Kyiv to Rivne) and a pedestrian. Definitely a fatality there. No ambulance in site, just a body in the middle of the road and police talking to some people in a group nearby. Another wreath will go up on that road. Safety on the roads is such an issue here. Probably the pedestrian was drunk. Please continue to pray for travel mercies for us--mum as she comes back today and dad as he flies to the States today.

I pinched a nerve in my back last week. I was hoping it would go away by itself, but it didn't so I have had to go to the chiropractor every day this week. We have a good chiropractor here, but because of the situations and customs here I always feel a little vulnerable, so please pray that it heals up quickly and I can stop going.
I'm beginning to wonder if I just have loose joints. Not severely, but enough to cause all these problems. I often have pain in my hips and shoulders, fingers and toes, besides my back and neck. It is entirely possible that it could be allergy related. I started taking probiotics this summer, due to my sister-in-law, and I have to say that I am doing MUCH better! I have less pain and more energy--even when I feel sick. The energy is a huge thing for me, I see parts of my personality returning that I haven't seen for ten years. Whether that is good or bad... :P But beyond that I used to have a lot of pain in my hands particularly when the weather changed and for the past three months I haven't hardly had any. I'm hoping it continues through winter, although I did notice today that I had a little more pain again. But we'll see, it may just be because my body is out of whack because of my back.

Anyway, those are just a few prayer items and praises. Please do continue to pray as I often notice that when I ask for prayer that I do have less pain, headaches or other problems--like with my eyes hurting, last year it lasted for several weeks, this time it was only a few days. So your prayers do make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment