Tuesday, October 14, 2008

More for Prayer

First off, a praise. A renewed or continued praise. Last year I had asked for prayer for friends here, and I really feel like God has been answering that request. Friendships take time to be built, but there have been some women here who have really reached out to me, which I really appreciate! Since I am frequently sick or fatigued I often end up turning down invitations or not inviting people over--not because I don't want to be friendly, but because I know my priorities here are not a social life but my ministry at the office. So, I really appreciate these women who continue to make a push for friendship even when I am not always able to accept or return their invitations. I know perfectly well how discouraging it can be to be the one who is always asking and being turned down. But God continues to build that up and I am grateful for it. Very grateful, esp. with my parents doing so much traveling, it is nice to have other people out there to be with.

As for prayer requests, primarily my eyes. I feel like they are being strained beyond bearing. At first I was worried that I was straining them, but over the last week I realized that I went through this last year at about this same time. I'm guessing it is some kind of a sensitivity, perhaps to the decomposing leaves or something. In any case, it makes my eyes very sore and I don't seem to be able to find a good relief for it. So pray that I'll bear up under it with grace and that the season will pass quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment