Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

Yes, I'm still stuck on the fact that it is cold and rainy here. I wouldn't mind so much if it was warm and rainy, but the whole cold part really stinks. But I am thankful for space heaters and ovens. And running water. Every time I want to complain that I have no hot water I think about my sister who lived for quite a while with three small kids and no running water at all! The well wasn't even in their yard. Makes me grateful for my cold running water. ;)
I'm really proud of myself. I canned some peppers last night. I really like roasted pepper lentil soup, but basically it is a seasonal thing here or else atrociously expensive. So I bought a ton of peppers a week ago and roasted them and skinned 'em and jarred them. I only did enough for a couple of batches, but I am sure that will be enough to last me through the winter. I've never canned anything other than jam before, so this was a oray into a new area for me which is why I am so proud of myself. I'm also hoping to do up some salsa this next week so that I have that for the winter too. And maybe some pumpkin for pumpkin soup. I would just freeze some of these things, but my freezer is small and already full (blueberries and raspberries, along with frozen vegetables and meat and other regular freezer things of course).
Anyway, that was totally not what I was going to post about today, but we'll see maybe I'll be able to remember to put some more pics of my time in the States up on Monday. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment