Monday, September 15, 2008

Apartment Update

So, after returning to Ukraine, I discussed my living situation with my parents again and they had decided that they would like to keep their place as is for the time being. They were willing to let me live there or help me move someplace else or whatever I decided, but they were keen to keep their home.
Naturally, I wanted to stay in my apartment. This because I like the location, the parket floors, and the green paint that I added. So I arranged a meeting with my landlord who had already called me to see if I was giving it up because they had already put an add in at a rental agency. :| His first thought was that I should pay more rent than we had just decided on two months ago. I refused and put up a good fight. I'm quite proud of myself. In the end I am still paying a little more than I would like to, but I have an agreement for the next year which makes me happy as I know that by then the rental prices will have gone up again somewhere between 30-50% most likely.
That means that yes, I am staying in my apartment for another year. It is a relief to me not to be moving again, although the one-year itch had me for a while there. And I'm thankful to God that I have a decent deal on my rent again.

No comments:

Post a Comment