Thursday, August 14, 2008

Visa Update

Just and FYI so you can pray better informed.
I sent off my visa application today, again. To Chicago this time. Unfortunately, it is only due back here the same day I leave... So please pray that it comes back a day early. And that I get the visa, of course. My other options are to change my flight, which will probably cost a lot of money, or to go back without a visa (although I would still need to get my passport back in order to go back at all). If I go back without a visa I can stay in the country from 90 to 180 days (there is some confusion on what is actually allowable) before I would need to leave to get a new visa again.

Needless to say, this is rather stressful, esp. since I am supposed to be on vacation and have spent a good portion of the last two weeks taking care of shopping and errands so that I could have this last week just to relax.
I'm not worried. Just very frustrated and a little uncertain about what the financial outcome will be. In the end it is still God's money and I am still just His servant, so He can use me to serve here or anywhere and if He wants me there it is His business to see that I get there.

1 comment:

  1. Esther! How are things on the visa? Hope you got it.
    We have a two month tourist visa and can extend for another month. So we have to leave the country every three months. I like the Indian visa better:)
    Even it's stressful take all the time to enjoy TheMerica.
    Praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete