Friday, July 25, 2008

Only Slightly Insane

I think. Although I feel completely overwhelmed. These courses are really getting to me. We're trying to finish up five books to be ready for print by the time I leave on Tuesday at noon. Normally we only prepare two books for print at a time. So, this is a little crazy...or a lot crazy.
It's just that the office goes on holiday on August 1 for a month so we would really like to finish these books up before then. In addition to that, we have to send them to someone else to take to the printing house in Russia and we actually have someone here who is going to visit that man, but the are leaving on Tuesday afternoon. So we would really like to get these books finished by then. Naturally, we have actually been working on some of these books for a long time and we had wanted to finish them earlier, but because of some uncontrollable delays we're still trying to finalize them now.
The other two books are a different situation because the one is very small and required very little editing on our part, but still requires formatting and a cover to be designed and all those other lovely little details. And the second one we are not allowed to change the content on at all, but we still had to reformat it and create a cover and things like that too and there are a lot of issues with the reformating on that one.
Please just pray for us. Some of the staff is coming in tomorrow (Saturday) to work on these so that hopefully we can make our deadlines. We're all reaching the end of our ropes with these courses, some of them we've been working on since January (and for me longer), normally we only work on a course for three to four months. Pray that we'll be able to make the deadlines, but that we won't sacrifice quality for speed. I would rather miss the deadline and put out a good quality work, than make the deadline and put out something half-baked.
And pray for me as I need to get ready to go to the States for three weeks to get my visa renewed and visit family. I leave Tuesday at noon, and will go to visit Pris and her family for a day to unwind before I fly out on Thursday morning at the crack of dawn. I need to pack and make sure that everything is lined up for my visa and the other things I need to take care of before going there. We also have the Ukrainian missionaries to Russia visiting right now for an accountability session and there are some issues going on there so I am feeling that too as are my parents. And our office needs to go over to visit with them on Monday, plus on Monday or Tuesday morning I am supposed to meet with an artist who is trying out for us and I also need to still make a final decision about whether or not to hire the Ukrainian translator who is trying out for us. And of course, I am heavily involved in all the little decisions that need to be made about these courses we are producing.
So, I'm pretty stressed. Tomorrow I need to pack and wrap things up at home and still work on the quilt :), but I may also need to come into the office to help them out here. I'm not sure what Sunday will look like for me, probably a lot like Saturday with extra sleep. Then Monday is finalizing everything and making the judgement call on whether I think our quality is up to par or if we need to give it another shot, plus visiting with the missionaries for a few hours and possibly seeing the artist and deciding about the translator. Tuesday morning I need to make sure everything is packed because I have to take my suitcase to the office with me for a couple of hours before I head to the bus station to head out. Then hopefully I'll be able to breath a sigh of relief and just breath for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are slightly insane, it'll make me feel better when you get here! :) We'll be closer to being a the same level! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete