Monday, July 28, 2008

Huzzahh!

I finished the quilt! And today I leave to go to Pris and Dan's at 1pm which means the beginning of rest.
Mum and dad don'thave to go to the English camp that they were going to have to at the end of this week, so that is a relief for them. They'll be able to take a few days to catch their breath after all this craziness that they've been through the last coupla months.

Things at the office are progressing well. We're not quite finished yet and I think we'll have to send the five books we are prepping for print by train to meet the guy who takes them to the print house (instead of sending them with him now--he leaves town today at noon), but that is fairly normal, so no big worries there. I think the office will be a little disappointed not to be able to send them with him directly now as that is what they have been working so hard on--they even worked Saturday and late last night to try to make the deadline!
But being the bad guy that I am, I keep finding little issues that need to be fixed before they go on and so that slows things down, esp. because some of these "little issues" are time consuming to fix. We've had a few battles of the will over things that I feel need to be fixed and they feel are just a matter of opinion. One of the difficulties of working in another culture is that I don't know if I am just perceiving things as a Westerner or if the issues are legitimate. It's been a bit stressful, but I feel more relaxed today, probably because I know I am going away and can hand over whatever is left to my poor mom! :( Hopefully there won't be much left for her.

Thank you for your prayers over these days, I have been quite stressed, but God keeps reminding me that I just need to "cast all my cares upon Him". And each time I do and the burden lifts again.

1 comment:

  1. That's good that you can rest now. Have fun in the states. We just moved to Thailand about two days ago, found a house, siged the contract and we are headed to the beach for five days for our anniversary. Then continue to adjust to Thailand as a resident and not as a tourist!

    ReplyDelete