Friday, July 11, 2008

Detail Quilting





Over the last couple of weeks I've been doing some detail quilting on the quilt top. I am hoping against hope to complete it this weekend, but for now I'll show you a couple of pictures so you can see how it has progressed.
The first two pictures are essentially the same, but while I prefer the first, the second actually show ups some of the quilting better.
Then you can see the detail on a couple of the leaves. The first leaf is my brother, Matthew's leaf, on the tree and the second is just miscellaneous/ancestor. You can also see a little of the overall quilting pattern in the second photo. Both the straight lines--representing ground, and the swirls--representing air or the wind.

3 comments:

  1. that is super fantastic!! I'm so excited you are coming! and so excited to see it in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaf is not fat, well, not any fatter than the other leaves on that tree. Sam's leaf, however, is HUGE! :D

    ReplyDelete