Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Personal Update

I just read a friend's post on her blog the title of which was "Does every post have to have a title?" I soooo totally agree! I get sick of coming up with something to call my posts.
I keep meaning to post about my quilt. And put up some pictures of it, but haven't gotten to that yet. However, I just discovered that I had gotten far enough to send pictures of my quilt to myself (this is what happens when I have an office and a home computer, I get a lot of emails from myself! :P ).
But before I get to the quilt. I got my braces off on Monday! Yipeeeeeeeee. Now the real work begins and I have to use a special retainer for a year or so to realign my jaw. But hopefully this whole process will be worth it and in the end I'll have even less migraines. Yes, for those of you who were wondering, the purpose of the braces was for the migraines, not for straightening my teeth--that's just a side benefit.
I'm also excited because I'm feeling so much better. I've picked up a couple of nutritional supplements and those seem to be really making a difference. I'll probably try to get my iron checked again in the fall some time just to see if I need to keep taking iron occasionally or not (I finished what the doctor had prescribed).
It is sooo wonderful to have energy again. I don't exactly spring out of bed, but I no longer drag out either! And in general I am spending a lot less time on the couch and a lot more time at the office and doing other things. This weekend I even went ice skating with a friend!
After being without energy for so long, I realize every day what a blessing it is. I just feel like it is a precious gift from God. I don't know if it will last for a long time or a short time, but I want to make the most of it while I have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment