Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Journeys in Frustration

So, my landlord came to collect the rent yesterday morning. I pay two months at a time, so this was my last time before the contract ends in August. With all the inflation I expected a 50% increase in rent when this contract is up. Boy, was I wrong! They want to raise it 85%. :-O
I about passed out. I countered with a 50% raise, so we'll see where it goes next month, but I could be moving out. :( This is very sad because I LOVE my apartment and the area that I am in.
My parents have offered to let me live with them, since they'll be traveling a lot next year. So I have options, but right now I still feel like I am in shock. I've been praying that God would show me what is right to do, that I wouldn't cling unnecessarily to my apartment, it has been a dream to have, but I knew that all good things must come to an end. I am also doing some research to see if that is completely as outrageous as it feels or not.

Please pray for peace for me and that God will bring good out of this situation. I'll find out next month if I am going to move or not. In addition to this stress, one of my braces came off last night, so I have to go to Kyiv on Monday--a week earlier than I had planned, which will throw next week off. I'm just feeling a little discombobulated the last few days, and of course that messes my work up so I am getting behind which adds stress. I need to leave all these things in God's hands trusting that He can work them out for His glory.

1 comment:

  1. Esther will keep you in my thoughts. Met with Jonathon and wife Ashlyn in Bangkok. Miss having you both at our house!

    ReplyDelete