Friday, April 25, 2008

Feelings

The last few days have been lonely days. No good reason. I just woke up this morning and realized that I have been feeling down. Perhaps it is the week of rain, but now we have sunshine! Perhaps it is missing my parents, they have been gone two and a half weeks already and it will be another two and a half before I see them again. I don't really have any other close friends here. Thank God for internet! It connects me to my friends all over the world! Maybe it is the anticipation of going to my sister's for Easter. It is always bittersweet to visit them. Sweet because I love to be with my family so much and love seeing the children and spending time with them playing or reading. Bitter because it is so short and they change so quickly in the intervening time. I miss so much of their lives.
Whatever it is, I think today will be better. How can it not be? The sun is shining. And my dearest Friend is with me, so tenderly taking care of me. I must remember that as it chases away the glooms.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chika, Hang in there... I hear ya! Oh how i wish I could go see the kids with you! take LOTS of pictures for me, cause I'm sure it will be years before I get to see them again :((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here with you too Esther. It's pouring rain right now..loving it. You are so right about our Friend. No matter what He's with us.

    ReplyDelete