Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sink or Swim

This month has been its own journey. A sink or swim one! I've learned a lot about people, including myself. It'll be great to have my parents back! :)
On the other hand, a lot of things won't change with their return. I think the biggest change will be that the staff will see that I act not on my own authority, but on the authority of my parents. I've been thinking about that for several days and it has taught me a lot about acting on the authority of God. As Christians we have been given the opportunity and responsibility to use the power of God for certain things here on earth. I've always wondered what it really means to do things "in Jesus name". I mean that is just such a common phrase. We pray it all the time. But let me tell you! When I do something in the name of my parents...I make good and sure that it is really what they would have me do and not just the desires of my own heart. Do I do the same with God? And the greater question is, do I do those things with His authority, that I know without a doubt He wants me to do. Certainly, in many cases I have, but...but, well, there are always those where I haven't. Generally because I am too timid (which probably makes those who know me well laugh, but it remains the truth nevertheless). So it is directly because I fail to avail myself of the power of the authority of God that I disobey Him.
I hope this makes sense to you, sometimes I wonder if it makes sense to me! I guess that is part of the process of learning. It takes time to assimilate new information to the place where you can make practical use of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment