Friday, October 12, 2007

Ooops, pictures...

I didn't forget...completely.
So here is a pic of my carpet that I bought on Monday. It was a trifle more costly than I had really hoped for, but worth it in my opinion because it was what I really wanted. I don't know how to describe the carpets that are really in style here: they are very "formed" or manicured. I wanted something more relaxed and homey like, but not too patterned (the other style that is in is the oriental rug which is highly patterned). So I am very happy with this one. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one for me.
You know, one thing that cracks me up when I go shopping here, esp. when I make a bigger purchase, like this, is that you have to ask for a receipt. They give receipts out for the piddliest little things, but when I bought an office chair I had to go back to the store and ask for a receipt and I had to ask for one for the carpet too!

This pic is just of the momo's that I made the other day. They weren't as good as the ones I had in India, but they were pretty decent! They took about 4-5 hours to make. But it was a fun Saturday afternoon activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment