Friday, October 5, 2007

Coke and hot water

...not mixed preferably.
In my opinion they are both gifts from God. Unfortunately at this point coke I can get, hot water...not so much. They turned the hot water off in my apartment (well actually on my whole block and probably in my whole area--which translates to probably 50,000 people at least) and have informed...somebody (certainly not me!), that it will be turned on again when they turn on the heat. Probably around October 15--if we're lucky! It may be as long as Nov. 1 till they turn on the heat!
Thankfully my parents, with great foresight, donated a space heater to me when I first moved in. Otherwise I just try not to sit still for too long! :P
The coke is just a lovely aside as it has kept me running for some time and enabled me to get so much more done than I would have without it. I love caffeine. But I'm trying to cut down and am making some good headway there. Hopefully nothing will come in to upset my life in the next month and I should be down to zero soon (okay, so it'll take the rest of the month, but slow and steady keeps the migraines at bay).
Actually, I have had much fewer migraines and headaches in general over the last two months.
Now it is only once or twice a week that I take meds for a headache, compared to only once or twice a week NOT taking meds for a headache.
Life is good. Even if I'll have to heat up water to do my dishes since I can't just leave them for ten more days in the hopes that they'll turn the hot water on sometime during that time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment