Monday, September 3, 2007

Yipee!! Pictures!


So, this was our campground last week. You can see a few of the tents clustered around the main building. There were about 40 tents all up with 3-4 people in each one.
On the upper right is a picture of our cafeteria. :) Apparently our cooks had backed out at the last minute, but some of the ladies who had come along for other purposes graciously volunteered to do the cooking for us. They did a great job too!

The picture on the right is my English group on our first day. It ended up being a little warm in the sun, so we moved to a shadier spot the next day. Most of the people in this picture are not Christians, but a number evinced sincere interest and have even come to church since, so please pray for them all, that God would draw them into His fold.

This last picture for today is of our evening meeting tent. It was also used for one of the English groups and a Bible study as well. All of the benches were carried to and from all over the place every day. We used them for our English groups for each of the meals and for other activities as well as the Bible studies and morning and evening meetings! It was very makeshift, but I think over all a ton of fun!

I'll try to post some pics of my apartment tomorrow! I'm hoping to get a kitchen in tonight and maybe my couch later this week! It's a great apartment and I'm enjoying putting it together!

Oh, PS. please pray that my car sells in Oregon. That hasn't been going well for my brother and sister-in-law who graciously agreed to help me with it. Naturally they would like to get it off their hands and for me I could use the extra funds as I am repairing and furnishing my apartment, that and having to pay the insurance on a car that I can't use, etc...is a royal pain and a waste of money.

2 comments:

  1. Pray it passes DEQ in the morning, then we will have it sold!! (not as much as we were hoping for, but still a decent price)
    --Melissa (sister in law)

    ReplyDelete