Thursday, June 7, 2007

Three more weeks...

Three more weeks till I hit the road! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Okay, to clarify: three weeks until I begin traveling in the States and Canada. I don't actually fly out to Ukraine until August 12. BUT I still have to have everything packed up before I leave in three weeks.
I wish you could see my poor house right now. I already have five suitcases packed and sitting ready in my bedroom. Then the rest of my things that I need to pack up before I leave are spread out over half of our second living room. My roommates are very patient. :)
My poor room is in shambles because of the packing. I have tried to leave as much intact as possible, but I have a feeling that most everything interesting will be coming down and out today and tomorrow.

The GOOD NEWS is that I finally found a shipping company (MEEST) which ships for only $1 USD/lb., plus a $10 delivery fee in Ukraine. I am quite excited about that! that is literally 1/2 to 1/3 of what all the other companies were quoting me! The funny thing is that I will probably have about 9 suitcases when I am finished packing, and that is the total sum of all my worldly possessions. To me it still feels like a lot, but I know that comparatively speaking it really isn't that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment