Monday, October 3, 2011

Market Day

So, here I am sitting at the Saturday Market, listening to the buskers, savoring the changing colors of the leaves and scrawling on a scrap of paper (inbetween hopping up to serve customers--should've started writing earlier).
It's chilly today, I'm all wrapped up with a scarf and extra layers including a shawl over my legs--and I'm still getting cold. But I don't mind. It is such a beautiful fall day.
I do truly enjoy the seasons. God did such an amazing job with them. Driving here this morning it was impossible not to notice and enjoy the yellows and reds that are just beginning to tip the trees heralding the beginning of fall (I know some places are well into it, but this is Oregon people--we'll have fall almost till Christmas!).
Often I trade pastries for flowers or produce and this week I enjoyed two beautiful fall bouquets as well as some lovely orange squash, which I set up by one of the bouquets before I ate it (the squash, not the bouquet). The bouquets were full of dark maroons, bright reds, brilliant orange and lively yellows. They were the epitome of fall colors.
I wish I could better describe the vibrant color that I am experiencing, but words are a pitiful means to describe the glorious beauty that is God's creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment