Friday, March 25, 2011

Ohio Visit

I realized that I haven't written about my trip to Ohio.
First off, a BIG thank you, to Emmanuel for providing for me financially so that I was able to make this trip without totally stretching every last penny. It was a huge blessing. I got a really great air deal where I was able to rent a car for only $50 more than it would have cost me if I had only bought my airfare. That was really helpful because it meant I was able to run around and pick up and drop off family and run other errands for people while we were there. Just took some of the pressure of my parents to try to organize all that stuff. Plus, I was able to pick myself up and drop myself off at the airport.
It was great to be with family for a couple of short days. I saw most of my American cousins as well as my uncle and aunt. It was great to catch up and reconnect a little with everyone. Family is somehow still family, even if we rarely get to see each other. My grandmother seemed to be holding up well under all the stress and decisions, but I did wonder how she would do once we were all gone.
I think that was the hardest thing for me--the thought of having to leave Grandma there all alone. For me, Grandpa's death is not so difficult, I know that he is in heaven and I will see him again sooner or later. It is just like when I say goodbye to many of my friends here on this earth, I don't know when I'll see them again, but I know that I will. It was hard to see him laying there in the casket, I just kept expecting him to wake up and get out. I am sad too, to lose his prayers and loving interest in my life and the lives of the rest of our family. But really, the hardest thing is knowing that Grandma is there all alone now. None of our family lives in Ohio, or even in a neighboring state, so most of the time she will be by herself. And that is hard.
But, I do know that she is still in God's hands, as are we all. He knows and I know that He will look after her just as He looks after me. And I know that He will use many of the people who are there nearby who love her to help take care of her and look out for her. Probably better than I could if I was there.
Thank you for your love and prayers and support. We all appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment