Monday, December 13, 2010

God's Timing

Yesterday after church a lady came up and introduced herself to me. This is the first person who has really talked to me at church (I've been there four-five times), which has seemed odd because the impression I had was that it was a friendly church. I had even put in on my attendance form thingie that I was interested in small groups, but never heard back from anyone. Which, since I am a good Christian, made me mad. But when I prayed about it God was quite clear that He had it all under control and I needed to not get my panty-hose in a knot (can I say that on my blog?). So I tried not to and eventually realized that last month would have been a terrible time to get involved with church or anything else more than the bare minimum anyway since I was so busy with getting settled and everything!
Anyway, apparently yesterday was God's good timing to begin getting me involved. I had seen this lady on the first Sunday I was at church, and I knew she had seen me too, but we hadn't talked to each other. So, yesterday she made a beeline for me and then invited me to their small group's progressive dinner! Naturally, I couldn't say no. So, suddenly I was dropped into this group of people and now next week when I go to church I'll actually have someone to say "Hi" to! There probably won't be any more small group meetings this month, but in January I will be able to go. And I am happy with that. It is just nice to have a bit more of a connection.
And it is fascinating for me to see how god is bringing all these little things together. He knows the time and what I can handle and what I can't. What I need when and how to bring it about. it is amazing to watch Him work. And a privilege. But also a little scary (in a good exciting way), since I can see that He is lining things up, but I can't see what He is lining them up for. Faith is such a fun journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment