Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Moment to Moment

A week ago, I was posting that it is okay to be sad.
Sunday I was having a rough day which God just turned around through His own means and by Sunday evening I was thinking of writing a blog on gratefulness. Just a little tribute to all that God has given me. My heart was overflowing with gratefulness to Him.
Monday morning I woke up to a phone call from Kostia saying that his wife, Marina, had been rushed to the hospital unconcious. We waited in an agony of prayer all day yesterday for some news. For some healing. We wept.
Today before I left home Kostia called, saying that Marina was worse. At about noon I received a phone call from my dad, who was with Kostia at the hospital, saying that Marina had gone on to be with God ahead of us.
Somehow I feel like life should stop for a moment. There are four aching hearts out there. A mother who has lost her only child. A husband who has lost his beloved wife. And two little children who understand, but don't really understand and who will be looking for their mum for a long time yet.
I'm reeling. I cannot imagine what Kostia must be feeling. Pray for him. Pray for Marina's mum, whose name I don't even know. And for Helga and Mattias.

Kostia and Marina are not from Rivne. They are from Vinnitsa and the funeral will be held there. Probably within the next few days as these things are arranged here very quickly.
I want to ask for prayer for myself, my parents, our office, but I can't because I would much rather that you prayed for those four who are hurting most.

No comments:

Post a Comment