Monday, April 27, 2009

Updates

Aside from the first week this month has really flown by! It's been amazing. In a great way. It started off so hard with having to let people go from the office. Plus the additional stress of the dizziness I was continually fighting and just feeling like I couldn't catch up to my life. But while it didn't slow down I do really feel like things have improved. We've passed through the struggles of letting people go--not that it doesn't still make me sad, but I do really trust them into God's hands; I've been able to slow down and get some rest with the long Easter weekend and just take time to refocus myself on Jesus; and the dizziness has been rectified! :)

The dizzies, it turns out, must have been related to an herbal supplement that a doctor had prescribed me in March. It took me a month of dizziness to figure it out, but with some help and good advice, I did. It's great to be able to walk in a straight line again!
In the middle of April they turned off the heat, as they do every year on April 15, only this time I was more prepared for it. It also really helped that the weather has been really beautiful this year. We have managed to stay comfortably warm in the apartment with our two space heaters. :)
Our office is recuperating from the shock of losing four members. Unfortunately, we can only afford to pay them half of their salary this month, so they took a few extra unpaid days off after Easter and then the rest we will simply owe them and pay it back whenever we can, hopefully by August.

This weekend is May Day and Victory Day (I think) on May 1 and 2, so we have a long weekend with both Friday and Monday off. I decided to set off to my sister's to visit them for the weekend. It'll be nice to step out of the whirlwind here (and into the whirlwind there) for a few days. Just a change of pace and scenery. I'm looking forward to spending a little time with the kids. I actually leave on Wednesday evening, and will go by train with Cheryl to Kyiv (she is doing much better by the way, although still in a lot of pain and still has a long recovery road before her) and help her with bags and stuff. So it'll be an extra-long weekend for me. I'm using the extra day in Kyiv to visit the dentist and hopfully see my dad (it's been six months and I'm looking forward to seeing him again :) ) at least briefly as otherwise we'll be like two ships passing in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment