Thursday, December 4, 2008

All on My Own

Mum has left to join dad in the States. She actually left Rivne on Monday evening, but she flies out of Kyiv tomorrow. Please pray for her flight and luggage. She has some heavy bags so please pray that she doesn't have any trouble with them, esp. since she has to cart them around Orly (Paris) and apparently it is a quite inconvenient airport. She'll be in the States for three months.
So I am here alone now. Please pray for me as I manage the office and try to make wise decisions about financial things and decisions in relation to hiring people and delegating work and keeping up quality and morale as well as my own editing decisions and work that I need to get done every day. I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. I am working on the doctrine course which my father edited, but there are still a lot of kinks to work out and it is a heavy course and I am crunched for time. Besides that work I also need to prepare work for our Russian translator and I am working on hiring Ukrainian translators. And in my spare time I field financial questions and issues from our bookkeeper and other questions and issues relating to our office and course work.
Right now I really need to make Doctrine a priority, but I also need a clear mind to do that, which is more difficult to come by.

On a personal level I am making some new friends and struggling to balance that with my work life and my limited energy. I'm also trying to reconnect with some old friends as one of them recently pointed out that whether I realize it or not, I am lonely. Particularly now with my mum going away. But in any case, I have missed having companionship from someone my age as well.
Thankfully, I do have a little more energy right now, so I am able to use that to reach out a little and also begin to enjoy the Christmas season, for which I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment