Monday, October 27, 2008

Safety

Do please continue to pray for our safety. I mean that in general, but a few things are on my mind right now. First off, my parents' old landlord was harassing them a couple of weeks ago, following them and that kind of stuff. He has become a creepy man. Claims to be a Christian, but does not live like one. Thankfully, my parents are going away now for quite a while, so hopefully he won't be a problem. Interestingly, he never comes to someplace public to harass them, he never stops by the office, or church or does anything in an open, honest and upright manner. The deal is that dad did a lot of repairs while they lived at that house and now, whenever the landlord is feeling short on money he accuses dad of having completely ruined the house and of having made a mess of things, etc. Silly really. But...evil people will use any excuse they can.
Beyond that, we often have to deal with a lot of banking, to pay people, to pay for conferences, rent, etc. Not really enough to tempt anyone other than a petty thief, but we have had problems with those before too. And of course, there are people who just think that because we are foreignors we have the "touch of Midas".
And of course, we also travel a lot. Dad is in Russia now and mum and I go to Kyiv next weekend. And there are just lots of accidents here and in other places that we travel.
For me as a younger woman, I also have to watch out, esp. now that we have had time change and it gets dark so early. I haven't had any problems for about a year, but in the past when I let my guard down, that is when I had problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment