Sunday, May 4, 2008

Manners

Good manners seem to be a thing of the past. People here used to stand up for a pregnant woman or the elderly or very young--on public transport I mean. Now it is everyone for themselves. It's sad to see. Lots of little things like that have changed over the last few years here. People just aren't as friendly and caring as they used to be.
On the other hand, my neighbors do still say "Good morning!" or "Good evening," or "Good day," when I pass them in the hall or outside. We don't often recognize each other, but we all say "Good day," anyway because we would hate to be rude to someone who lived in our building! :P It is actually nice though to be greeted by ones neighbors, definitely something I appreciate.


This is the tree outside my sewing room balcony window:

No comments:

Post a Comment