Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sun and Snow

So, I woke up a while back and was able to catch the sunrise from my apartment. Unfortunately I am no photographer (in case you haven't figured that out yet :P ), so my pics are lacking, but I tried. It was lovely to wake up in winter to the sunrises.
Now I'm getting up earlier, but it seems that the sun always beats me anyway!
It's funny how in these two pictures the bars over my windows are so prominent, yet normally I don't even see them when I look out the window.

I had a bit of a shock when I got up today. I glanced out the window and there's snow out there! That's the second timethis week, only last time it melted right away and it doesn't look like it is going to do that today. It's a bit sad because buds are beginning to form on all the trees and this will probably kill them all and set spring back a couple of weeks. On the other hand, other than the snow in November we've had very little snow this winter, so it is nice to be reminded of it and then be able to move on to spring, especially since Easter here isn't for a month yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment