Monday, November 12, 2007

Thanksgiving

Yes, I know for those of you who are Americans, Thanksgiving is yet to come, but for the rest of the wide world we get to celebrate whenever the heck we choose! I think this is my second Thanksgiving this year and I am really hoping to pull off a third. :DHere is the buffet, set up over the pool table. We had 22 people I believe, including the six kids. It was a potluck thanksgiving with everyone bringing a dish. The turkey was a whooping 25lbs! Which is unbelievable in this land where a few years ago we couldn't get any!
This is Pris and Dan's ministry center on the third level of their house. It was able to accommodate us all quite well which is such a blessing. In addition to myself Pris and Dan had four other houseguests. It was a great weekend!We started the afternoon by having pie (always a great idea to start with dessert first), then we spent time singing and giving thanks together by sharing a few of the things that we were thankful for this year.

I wish I had gotten a few pictures, but it snowed in Kyiv while I was there. There must have been over eight inches! That's a lot of snow for Ukraine at any time, but we don't normally get snow that stays on the ground until after December 15! It made for a beautiful, fairytale like day.

No comments:

Post a Comment