Sunday, November 18, 2007

For Prayer

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I received an email this morning informing me that the EMI accountant is resigning. This is definitely a prayer request.
First, we need a new accountant. Without a good and capable accountant, we're sunk. I am quite distressed by this news because this is the second accountant to resign this year and she had actually just completed her training with the mission. With all of our missionaries in R. we frequently have urgent accounting issues and I am concerned about how this will not only affect me personally, but also all of our ministry and staff.
Second, the mission has faced a lot of changes in the last year and change, as I am sure you are aware, is not always easy. Please pray that the changes being made would be effective and beneficial for all of us who are serving with EMI. Pray that things in the home office would stabilize so that those of us on the field wouldn't have these additional stressors.
Obviously this is a difficult situation and I can't really say much more, but I would really appreciate your prayers.

PS. I couldn't post the promised pictures the other day because I forgot my camera cord at the office, but I will try to do so later today. I am also feeling much better than last week and am back in the office. Please continue to pray for me as we are also facing change here with one of our formatters leaving to move to Russia. She just gave two-week notice on Friday. At this point I think we will do fine without her, but I do see potential hazards ahead. Please pray that we also find the other office staff people that we are beginning to look for, such as a general office person/secretary for Abraham and someone specifically to work with the lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment