Sunday, October 28, 2007

Internet at Home

So, I finally got internet set up at home again. :| Did I mention that I had a trojan horse on my computer? My brother was so helpful as to suggest that I gather some sticks and light a fire under it. This is the kind of family I live with. So, since I wanted to keep my computer alive I simply reinstalled windows and a good portion of my programs and connected to the internet and promptly got a worm. So, in between that and another snag I ran into I decided it would be easiest to just reinstall Windows again. I think if I ever go back to the States and need a job I'll hire myself out as a computer person. The sad thing is that I could. It's amazing to me how little people know about computers. But I suppose not everybody lives on theirs or has two or three brothers who are fully immersed in that world.
Anyway, suffice to say that I have learned a lot about computers and the internet and worms and trojans and viruses and all manner of other things in the last ten days or so.
But I'll try to quit blowing my own horn now.
Maybe tomorrow I'll post a picture of my computer. Spores of happiness. (that's a Sims 2 reference for all of those of you poor people who don't immediately recognize it)

No comments:

Post a Comment